Possibility of spotting Big Five, 'Red Elephants' of Tsavo, lions, cheetahs, buffalos, zebras, giraffe and numerous species of wildlife, Mount Kilimanjaro, contemporary Masai Culture. Tsavo East National Park is one of the oldest and largest parks in Kenya, The park is dived into east and west sections by the Mombasa-Nairobi road and a railway. Named for the Tsavo River, which flow west to east. This Safari can start in Nairobi and end in Mombasa.
- You'll be collected from the airport (or hotel).
- Accommodation before the tour departs can be arranged for an extra cost.
Meet at the hotel or airport by our representative for briefing, drive to Amboseli national park passing through the Athi Plains where formerly the Burchells zebra, the Masai giraffe and smaller herbivores roamed about freely. With human encroachment the wildlife is confined to game parks. There is an advantage to this because one has to drive inside a park to be rewarded with the sight of many different species of animals. Amboseli National Park is reached in the afternoon, for lunch; embark on an afternoon game viewing in the park at the foot of Africa’s highest mountain, Kilimanjaro (19,340 ft). In the late afternoon one is likely to see a lion or cheetah make a kill. Ideal photography opportunities with Mount Kilimanjaro highest mountain in Africa providing a beautiful back drop. Proceeds to the area of Lake Amboseli, which is a wide salt pan, consisting of permanent swamps. This area has much game, large and small, high concentration of Elephant, and other wild game.
Early morning game drive can be taken in Amboseli when Mt. Kilimanjaro usually appears from its mantle of clouds, proceed to Tsavo West national park, a stop-over is made at Mzima Springs, the source of most of Mombasa’s fresh water; you can walk down to an underwater observation chamber where it is literally possible to watch hippo or crocodile swim along the floor of this crystal clear spring. Tsavo West has a variety of landscapes, from swamps and natural springs to rocky peaks, extinct volcanic cones, to rolling plains and sharp reddish outcrops. Wildlife can be difficult to spot because of the dense scrubs. Named after the Tsavo River which flows from west to east, the park is considered one of the world's biodiversity strongholds. It is the only Kenyan park that permits and also allows off-road driving so one can see the wildlife close up. Return to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
After breakfast, We then depart to Tsavo East national park, to arrive for lunch and afternoon game drive. When driving along the red-earth tracks, keep eyes open for the movement and signs of African wildlife, the more you look the more you will see, don’t forget to enjoy the excitement of the trip as you point out the wildlife, it will be amazing to see the wildlife living in close proximity to the other, see the huge animals, keep the eyes open for the giraffes –they are surprisingly well camouflaged as they nibble the tops of trees, look under the shady trees to find lions sleeping after a hunt out, and watch out as gazelles and cheetahs stroll across the road just in front of you. Chyulus hills, volcanic mountain range with a mix of volcanic cones and barren lava flows, of which the most interesting in Shetani, Tsavo East boasts of bushy grassland and open plains alternate with savannah and semi-arid acacia scrub and woodlands The Yatta plateau is the world's largest lava flow.
After breakfast, early morning game drive in Tsavo before you departs to Mombasa arriving late in the afternoon. Drop off at your beach hotel to enjoy the rest of your holiday.
- Main Destination: Mombasa
- Accommodation: No accommodation (End of tour)
- Meals & Drinks:
- Breakfast (Lunch & dinner not included)
- Drinking water (Other drinks not included)
- Additional accommodation can be arranged for an extra cost.
- You'll be dropped off at the airport (or hotel).
- Park fees (For non-residents)
- All activities (Unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation (Unless listed as upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation (Unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Meals (As specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinking water (On all days)
- International flights (From/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips (Tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
- Some meals (As specified in the day-by-day section)