Crowned by Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa's highest peak, the Amboseli National Parks is one of Kenya's most popular parks. The name "Amboseli" comes from a Masai word meaning "salty dust", and it is one of the best places in Africa to view large herds of elephants up close. It is a land of giants, where huge herds of elephants stand strong against a dramatic backdrop of Africa’s highest Mountain Kilimanjaro.
- You'll be collected from the airport (or hotel).
- Accommodation before the tour departs can be arranged for an extra cost.
Your driver guide will meet you at your hotel or residence in the morning for briefing and drive to Amboseli national park passing through the Athi Plains where formerly the Burchells zebra, the Masai giraffe and smaller herbivores roamed about freely. With human encroachment the wildlife is confined to game parks. There is an advantage to this because one has to drive inside a park to be rewarded with the sight of many different species of animals.
Amboseli National Park is reached in the afternoon, for lunch; embark on an afternoon game viewing in the park at the foot of Africa’s highest mountain, Kilimanjaro (19,340 ft). In the late afternoon one is likely to see a lion or cheetah make a kill. Ideal photography opportunities with Mount Kilimanjaro highest mountain in Africa providing a beautiful back drop.
Return back to the camp for Dinner and Overnight.
Early morning game drive can be taken in Amboseli when Mt. Kilimanjaro usually appears from its mantle of clouds, morning and afternoon game viewing in Amboseli, the game Proceeds to the area of Lake Amboseli, which is a wide salt pan, consisting of permanent swamps. This area has much game, large and small, high concentration of Elephant, rhino, buffalo, Burchell’s zebra, eland, Masai giraffe and small species of the antelope family, the common water buck, klipspringer, Grant’s gazelle, impala, topi, and the diminutive duiker among others. Return to the camp for dinner and overnight.
After breakfast, morning and last game drive can in Amboseli, early morning game drive can be taken when Mt. Kilimanjaro usually appears from its mantle of clouds, return to the camp for breakfast and depart for Nairobi. Arrive in the afternoon, driver to drop you at your hotel, residence or transfer to the airport for your flight back home.
- Main Destination: Nairobi
- Accommodation: No accommodation (End of tour)
- Meals & Drinks:
- Breakfast (Lunch & dinner not included)
- Drinking water (Other drinks not included
- Additional accommodation can be arranged for an extra cost.
- You'll be dropped off at the airport (or hotel).
- Park fees (For non-residents)
- All activities (Unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation (Unless listed as upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation (Unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Meals (As specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinking water (On all days)
- International flights (From/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips (Tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
- Some meals (As specified in the day-by-day section)